Convenient, credible and cost-effective medical waste services in Salt Lake City.
* Enjoy up to 3 months free of Regulated Medical Waste Services
We offer biohazardous and medical waste disposal services throughout Salt Lake City, including:
North Salt Lake, Provo, Orem, West Valley City & Ogden
We provide you the peace of mind you need with our complete solution of medical waste disposal for your practice, facility, or business. We service thousands of customers throughout Utah and are in compliance with all State and Federal waste management regulations.
With over 25 years of experience, Stericycle provides essential services that help protect communities from harmful wastes, promotes access to healthcare services, and leads to greater consumer safety and satisfaction.
Our team of experts work tirelessly to provide you with safe, compliant and sustainable solutions.
We help you manage OSHA, HIPAA and Coding Compliance confidently and conveniently by keeping you one step ahead of regulatory demands.
Find out today how we can help you protect your business
We care about your business needs and make sure that we are in compliance with Federal and State of Utah regulations. Utah’s medical waste disposal regulations are managed by the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), Division of Solid and Hazardous Waste. Utah’s regulated medical waste management regulations can be found in Rules 315-316 of the Utah Administrative Code.
Small Health Facilities generate 200 lbs, or less, of infectious waste per month. Transporters that transport 200 lbs or less from any one facility per load are not regulated by the Utah Infectious Waste Rules.
As several local health departments have requirements small health facilities and transporters, please contact your local health department for requirements that may be different from the state rule.
The Utah Infectious Waste Requirements apply to large health facilities which generate more than 200 lbs of infectious waste per month.
Several local health departments have rules that differ in some ways from the state requirements, please contact your local health department for their specific requirements for the management of infectious waste.
General summary of state requirements of infectious waste management for health facilitiies that generates > 200 lbs of infectious waste per month must:
Protect infectious waste from the elements in a storage area that is ventilated to the outside and accessible only to authorized persons. The area must be marked with prominent warning signs.
If infectious waste is to be stored longer than 7 days, it must be stored at or below 40 F (5 C). Under no conditions may infectious waste be stored for longer than 60 days.
Please complete this form and we will customize a quote to meet your business needs.
The information provided herein is an overview that contains selected highlights of the regulations. Be sure to refer to further information available at the website of your state’s regulatory authority for full details and requirements.
1) Founded in 1989.
2) Based on 2016 data.
3) Based on 2016 data, this includes RCRA and non-RCRA pharmaceutical waste.
4) Based on missed stops report for medical waste YTD through August 2017.
5) Based on June 2016 Commercial General Liability policy with a limit of $1M each occurrence.
* Valid for new service contracts only. Offer includes up to 3 Months FREE medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions. The maximum value of the 3 Month offer is limited to $3,000 and only applies with a 60 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 2 Month offer is limited to $2,000 and only applies with a 48 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 1 Month offer is limited to $1,000 and only applies with a 36 month term of agreement. Requires signed service agreement by 03/31/18 and activation of medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions account. Offer expires 03/31/18 and is valid for one-time use only. This special offer is nontransferable, cannot be applied across multiple locations, groups or national accounts. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or special offer. Stericycle reserves the right to charge back to the customer’s account the dollar value of the offer if the medical waste service account is not active for at least 12 months.
Interested in Our Solutions? We Can Help
Sign up to receive Stericycle’s latest news, tips and offers to help your business remain compliant
Which solution interests you?