Convenient, credible and cost-effective medical waste services in West Columbia.
* Enjoy up to 3 months free of Regulated Medical Waste Services
We offer biohazardous and medical waste disposal services throughout West Columbia, including:
Columbia, Greenville, Rock Hill, Spartanburg & Anderson.
We provide you the peace of mind you need with our complete solution of medical waste disposal for your practice, facility, or business. We service thousands of customers throughout South Carolina and are in compliance with all State and Federal waste management regulations.
With over 25 years of experience, Stericycle provides essential services that help protect communities from harmful wastes, promotes access to healthcare services, and leads to greater consumer safety and satisfaction.
Our team of experts work tirelessly to provide you with safe, compliant and sustainable solutions.
We help you manage OSHA, HIPAA and Coding Compliance confidently and conveniently by keeping you one step ahead of regulatory demands.
Find out today how we can help you protect your business
We care about your business needs and make sure that we are in compliance with Federal and State of South Carolina regulations. South Carolina’s medical waste disposal regulations are managed by the Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC). Details on Infectious Waste Management Requirements can be found in the South Carolina Code of Regulations R 61-105.
Biomedical waste must be removed within 30 days from the time the first non-sharps item is placed into the red bag.
Storage shall not exceed 14 days without refrigeration or 30 days if maintained at or below 42 Degrees F. Storage areas must be ventilated and floor drains must discharge into sanitary sewers.
Containers must be sealed, closed tightly, and secure when full by weight or volume or when putrescent, to prevent any discharge of the contents at any time until the container enters the treatment system. Outdoor storage areas must be locked and labeled with biohazard symbol.
All in-state generators (shippers) must register: initially, when something changes (within 30 days), or every 3 years.
3 generator levels are: Small Quantity, Large Quantity, Extra Large Quantity
Please complete this form and we will customize a quote to meet your business needs.
The information provided herein is an overview that contains selected highlights of the regulations. Be sure to refer to further information available at the website of your state’s regulatory authority for full details and requirements.
1) Founded in 1989.
2) Based on 2016 data.
3) Based on 2016 data, this includes RCRA and non-RCRA pharmaceutical waste.
4) Based on missed stops report for medical waste YTD through August 2017.
5) Based on June 2016 Commercial General Liability policy with a limit of $1M each occurrence.
* Valid for new service contracts only. Offer includes up to 3 Months FREE medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions. The maximum value of the 3 Month offer is limited to $3,000 and only applies with a 60 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 2 Month offer is limited to $2,000 and only applies with a 48 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 1 Month offer is limited to $1,000 and only applies with a 36 month term of agreement. Requires signed service agreement by 03/31/18 and activation of medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions account. Offer expires 03/31/18 and is valid for one-time use only. This special offer is nontransferable, cannot be applied across multiple locations, groups or national accounts. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or special offer. Stericycle reserves the right to charge back to the customer’s account the dollar value of the offer if the medical waste service account is not active for at least 12 months.
Interested in Our Solutions? We Can Help
Sign up to receive Stericycle’s latest news, tips and offers to help your business remain compliant
Which solution interests you?