Convenient, credible and cost-effective medical waste services in Woonsocket.
* Enjoy up to 3 months free of Regulated Medical Waste Services
We offer biohazardous and medical waste disposal services throughout Woonsocket, including:
Providence, Warwick, Cranston, Pawtucket & Johnston.
We provide you the peace of mind you need with our complete solution of medical waste disposal for your practice, facility, or business. We service thousands of customers throughout Rhode Island and are in compliance with all State and Federal waste management regulations.
With over 25 years of experience, Stericycle provides essential services that help protect communities from harmful wastes, promotes access to healthcare services, and leads to greater consumer safety and satisfaction.
Our team of experts work tirelessly to provide you with safe, compliant and sustainable solutions.
We help you manage OSHA, HIPAA and Coding Compliance confidently and conveniently by keeping you one step ahead of regulatory demands.
Find out today how we can help you protect your business
We care about your business needs and make sure that we are in compliance with Federal and State of Rhode Island regulations. Rhode Island’s medical waste disposal regulations are managed by the Department of Environmental Management. Complete details on state requirements can be found here.
Generators (shippers) must register with the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management and obtain a generator (shipper) registration number.
Maintain integrity of packaging
Protect from elements, animals
Impermeable to moisture
Clearly identified as Regulated Medical Waste with a Biohazard symbol
Indoors-authorized personnel only
No compacting or grinding permitted
Total storage of regulated medical waste must not exceed 50 pounds or the average quantity of regulated medical waste generated over 7 consecutive calendar days, whichever condition must allow storage for the longer period of time.
Example 1: A facility generating 5 pounds per week could store until it reaches a total of 50 lbs, resulting in a storage time of 10 weeks.
Example 2 - facility generating 40 pounds per day could store up to 5 days worth, or a total of 200 pounds, resulting in a storage time of 5 days.
A Rhode Island Tracking Form must be used. Samples are available from:
Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
Office of Waste Management
235 Promenade St.
Providence, RI 02908.
Generators shall notify in writing all the employees involved with packaging and containment of regulated medical wastes of the provisions in Rhode Island regulations.
This training/notification shall be accomplished through using a medical waste procedure manual and/or through appropriate training materials.
Please complete this form and we will customize a quote to meet your business needs.
The information provided herein is an overview that contains selected highlights of the regulations. Be sure to refer to further information available at the website of your state’s regulatory authority for full details and requirements.
1) Founded in 1989.
2) Based on 2016 data.
3) Based on 2016 data, this includes RCRA and non-RCRA pharmaceutical waste.
4) Based on missed stops report for medical waste YTD through August 2017.
5) Based on June 2016 Commercial General Liability policy with a limit of $1M each occurrence.
* Valid for new service contracts only. Offer includes up to 3 Months FREE medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions. The maximum value of the 3 Month offer is limited to $3,000 and only applies with a 60 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 2 Month offer is limited to $2,000 and only applies with a 48 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 1 Month offer is limited to $1,000 and only applies with a 36 month term of agreement. Requires signed service agreement by 03/31/18 and activation of medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions account. Offer expires 03/31/18 and is valid for one-time use only. This special offer is nontransferable, cannot be applied across multiple locations, groups or national accounts. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or special offer. Stericycle reserves the right to charge back to the customer’s account the dollar value of the offer if the medical waste service account is not active for at least 12 months.
You're about to leave stericycle.com and navigate to an external URL. Would you like to continue?
Call 866 783 9816
now or click below to complete an online form for a Free Quote.
now or complete the form below for a Free Quote.
Call 866 783 9816
or enter your details below and one of our experts will contact you.