Convenient, credible and cost-effective medical waste services in Cleveland.
* Enjoy up to 3 months free of Regulated Medical Waste Services
We offer biohazardous and medical waste disposal services throughout Cleveland, including:
Brooklyn, Lakewood, East Cleveland, Parma, Seven Hills & Cleveland Heights.
We provide you the peace of mind you need with our complete solution of medical waste disposal for your practice, facility, or business. We service thousands of customers throughout Ohio and are in compliance with all State and Federal waste management regulations.
With over 25 years of experience, Stericycle provides essential services that help protect communities from harmful wastes, promotes access to healthcare services, and leads to greater consumer safety and satisfaction.
Our team of experts work tirelessly to provide you with safe, compliant and sustainable solutions.
We help you manage OSHA, HIPAA and Coding Compliance confidently and conveniently by keeping you one step ahead of regulatory demands.
Find out today how we can help you protect your business
We care about your business needs and ensure that we are in compliance with Federal and State of Ohio regulations. Ohio’s medical waste disposal regulations are managed by the Division of Materials and Waste Management at the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency. Complete details on Ohio’s Infectious Waste Program can be found at the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency here.
Ohio EPA defines Infectious Waste as:
Cultures and stocks of infectious agents
Laboratory wastes that were in contact with infectious agents
Waste materials from communicable disease isolation rooms
Human and animal blood specimens and blood products
Contaminated animal carcasses, body parts, bedding
Sharps generated in treatment of humans or animals
Other waste materials generated in diagnosis, treatment, immunization of humans or animals
Storage areas must be clearly labelled with a sign that states “Warning: Infectious Waste” and/or the Biohazard symbol or be locked. Outside storage areas must be locked.
While there is no time limit on storage, generators must maintain the integrity of packaging, keep the waste in a non-putrescent state, and ensure protection from animals.
Generators of LESS than 50 lbs per month are classified as Small Quantity Generators. Generators of MORE than 50 lbs per month are classified as Large Quantity Generators. If MORE than 50 pounds of infectious waste is generated in any calendar month, facilities must register with the Ohio EPA and obtain a certificate of registration to become a Large Quantity Generator.
Generators must identify and separate infectious waste at the point of generation. Generators are required to quantify their waste generation rate by keeping separate records of weight in pounds on a calendar month basis. Stericycle shipping papers will NOT contain this information
Please complete this form and we will customize a quote to meet your business needs.
The information provided herein is an overview that contains selected highlights of the regulations. Be sure to refer to further information available at the website of your state’s regulatory authority for full details and requirements.
1) Founded in 1989.
2) Based on 2016 data.
3) Based on 2016 data, this includes RCRA and non-RCRA pharmaceutical waste.
4) Based on missed stops report for medical waste YTD through August 2017.
5) Based on June 2016 Commercial General Liability policy with a limit of $1M each occurrence.
* Valid for new service contracts only. Offer includes up to 3 Months FREE medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions. The maximum value of the 3 Month offer is limited to $3,000 and only applies with a 60 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 2 Month offer is limited to $2,000 and only applies with a 48 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 1 Month offer is limited to $1,000 and only applies with a 36 month term of agreement. Requires signed service agreement by 03/31/18 and activation of medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions account. Offer expires 03/31/18 and is valid for one-time use only. This special offer is nontransferable, cannot be applied across multiple locations, groups or national accounts. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or special offer. Stericycle reserves the right to charge back to the customer’s account the dollar value of the offer if the medical waste service account is not active for at least 12 months.
You're about to leave stericycle.com and navigate to an external URL. Would you like to continue?
Call 216 744 2584
now or click below to complete an online form for a Free Quote.
now or complete the form below for a Free Quote.