Convenient, credible and cost-effective medical waste services in West Babylon.
* Enjoy up to 3 months free of Regulated Medical Waste Services
We offer biohazardous and medical waste disposal services throughout West Babylon, including:
Huntington, Levittown, Brentwood, Stony Brook & Shirley.
We provide you the peace of mind you need with our complete solution of medical waste disposal for your practice, facility, or business. We service thousands of customers throughout New York and are in compliance with all State and Federal waste management regulations.
With over 25 years of experience, Stericycle provides essential services that help protect communities from harmful wastes, promotes access to healthcare services, and leads to greater consumer safety and satisfaction.
Our team of experts work tirelessly to provide you with safe, compliant and sustainable solutions.
We help you manage OSHA, HIPAA and Coding Compliance confidently and conveniently by keeping you one step ahead of regulatory demands.
We care about your business needs and make sure that we are in compliance with Federal and State of New York regulations. New York’s medical waste disposal regulations are managed by the Department of Environmental Conservation and Department of Health. New York state regulations on Regulated Medical Waste can be found here, alongside guidance documents on treatment, storage, containment, transport, and dispoal and a FAQ on regulated medical waste.
Complete details on state requirements can be found by contacting the New York Department of Environmental Conservation. For Article 28 facilities (hospitals, residential healthcare facilities, diagnostic and treatment facilities, and clinical laboratories), please refer to the New York Department of Health.
A Medical Waste Management Plan is required for Article 28 facilities. Policies and procedures shall include, but not be limited to:
For Article 28 facilities, waste must be removed within 30 days, except for generators of less than 50 lbs of regulated medical waste per month and and not accepting regulated medical waste for treatment from other facilities, may store waste for a period not exceeding 60 days.
Storage areas must display prominent signage indicating the space is used to store regulated medical waste.
Generators in New York City (all 5 boroughs) must file a Solid Waste Removal Plan report.
The information provided herein is an overview that contains selected highlights of the regulations. Be sure to refer to further information available at the website of your state’s regulatory authority for full details and requirements.
1) Founded in 1989.
2) Based on 2016 data.
3) Based on 2016 data, this includes RCRA and non-RCRA pharmaceutical waste.
4) Based on missed stops report for medical waste YTD through August 2017.
5) Based on June 2016 Commercial General Liability policy with a limit of $1M each occurrence.
* Valid for new service contracts only. Offer includes up to 3 Months FREE medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions. The maximum value of the 3 Month offer is limited to $3,000 and only applies with a 60 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 2 Month offer is limited to $2,000 and only applies with a 48 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 1 Month offer is limited to $1,000 and only applies with a 36 month term of agreement. Requires signed service agreement by 03/31/18 and activation of medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions account. Offer expires 03/31/18 and is valid for one-time use only. This special offer is nontransferable, cannot be applied across multiple locations, groups or national accounts. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or special offer. Stericycle reserves the right to charge back to the customer’s account the dollar value of the offer if the medical waste service account is not active for at least 12 months.
For a free quote call 888-750-6450 or complete the form
Interested in Our Solutions? We Can Help
Sign up to receive Stericycle’s latest news, tips and offers to help your business remain compliant
Which solution interests you?