Convenient, credible and cost-effective medical waste services in Louisville.
* Enjoy up to 3 months free of Regulated Medical Waste Services
We offer biohazardous and medical waste disposal services throughout Louisville, including:
Elizabethtown, Jeffersontown, Radcliff, Seymour & Bardstown.
We provide you the peace of mind you need with our complete solution of medical waste disposal for your practice, facility, or business. We service thousands of customers throughout Kentucky and are in compliance with all State and Federal waste management regulations.
With over 25 years of experience, Stericycle provides essential services that help protect communities from harmful wastes, promotes access to healthcare services, and leads to greater consumer safety and satisfaction.
Our team of experts work tirelessly to provide you with safe, compliant and sustainable solutions.
We help you manage OSHA, HIPAA and Coding Compliance confidently and conveniently by keeping you one step ahead of regulatory demands.
Find out today how we can help you protect your business
We care about your business needs and ensure that we are in compliance with Federal and State of Kentucky regulations. Kentucky’s medical waste disposal regulations are managed by the Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet at the Department of Environmental Protection as well as the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services at the Department of Public Health. Further details on state regulations can be found here.
Complete details on state requirements can be found by contacting the Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection for the appropriate state agency.
According to the State of Kentucky, medical waste is defined in 7 categories:
Cultures and stocks
Human blood and blood products
Animal wastes in certain categories
The biohazard symbol or sign is recommended for storage areas for medical waste.
Regulated medical waste should be stored in a secure location to protect from the elements and animal exposure. Avoid mixing or commingling with other materials. Waste may be refrigerated. Lock outside storage areas.
Health care facilities including, but not limited to hospitals and nursing facilities, need to segregate sharps and have specified wastes incinerated or rendered nonhazardous prior to disposal.
Please refer to detailed regulations cited at this link above to find out the specific requirements for medical waste generated at clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, specialized medical technology services, special health clinics, mobile health.
Please complete this form and we will customize a quote to meet your business needs.
The information provided herein is an overview that contains selected highlights of the regulations. Be sure to refer to further information available at the website of your state’s regulatory authority for full details and requirements.
1) Founded in 1989.
2) Based on 2016 data.
3) Based on 2016 data, this includes RCRA and non-RCRA pharmaceutical waste.
4) Based on missed stops report for medical waste YTD through August 2017.
5) Based on June 2016 Commercial General Liability policy with a limit of $1M each occurrence.
* Valid for new service contracts only. Offer includes up to 3 Months FREE medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions. The maximum value of the 3 Month offer is limited to $3,000 and only applies with a 60 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 2 Month offer is limited to $2,000 and only applies with a 48 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 1 Month offer is limited to $1,000 and only applies with a 36 month term of agreement. Requires signed service agreement by 03/31/18 and activation of medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions account. Offer expires 03/31/18 and is valid for one-time use only. This special offer is nontransferable, cannot be applied across multiple locations, groups or national accounts. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or special offer. Stericycle reserves the right to charge back to the customer’s account the dollar value of the offer if the medical waste service account is not active for at least 12 months.
You're about to leave stericycle.com and navigate to an external URL. Would you like to continue?
Call 866 783 9816
now or click below to complete an online form for a Free Quote.
now or complete the form below for a Free Quote.
Call 866 783 9816
or enter your details below and one of our experts will contact you.