Convenient, credible and cost-effective medical waste services in Wilmington.
* Enjoy up to 3 months free of Regulated Medical Waste Services
We offer biohazardous and medical waste disposal services throughout Wilmington, including:
Edgemoor, Elsmere, Wilmington Manor, New Castle & Claymont.
We provide you the peace of mind you need with our complete solution of medical waste disposal for your practice, facility, or business. We service thousands of customers throughout Delaware and are in compliance with all State and Federal waste management regulations.
With over 25 years of experience, Stericycle provides essential services that help protect communities from harmful wastes, promotes access to healthcare services, and leads to greater consumer safety and satisfaction.
Our team of experts work tirelessly to provide you with safe, compliant and sustainable solutions.
We help you manage OSHA, HIPAA and Coding Compliance confidently and conveniently by keeping you one step ahead of regulatory demands.
Find out today how we can help you protect your business
We care about your business needs and make sure that we are in compliance with Federal and State of Delaware regulations. Delaware’s medical waste disposal regulations are managed by the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC), Division of Air and Waste Management, Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Section. Delaware’s medical waste disposal regulations can be found in the Title 7 Natural Resources & Environmental Control Delaware Administrative Code.
All generators (shippers) must obtain:
An Infectious Waste Identification Number for each site that generates infectious waste
Should more than one generator occupy a building, each generator must obtain an ID Number
Large Quantity Generators (>50 pounds in one calendar month) must file an annual report concerning generation and fate of Regulated Medical Waste
Waste shall be contained in 2 RED BAGS, one bag inside the other
Outer packaging needs to be double-walled fiberboard
Packaging must conform to USDOT requirements set in 49CFR173.197.
Regulated Medical Waste may be stored:
For 14 days at room temp - between 65 – 82 F,
Up to 45 days in a refrigerator from 36 to 44 F,
For 90 days in a freezer (-4 to -1 F)
There is no time limit on sharps containers. Storage areas should be secured to deny access to unauthorized persons, with a sign legible from 25 feet with the words "CAUTION-INFECTIOUS WASTE STORAGE AREA – UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS KEEP OUT".
Name, address, and business telephone number of generator (shipper) must be clearly marked on outside of container. Container labeling and marking must conform to the USDOT requirements
Large Quantity Generators (>50 pounds RMW in one calendar month) are required to create an annual report summarizing information from all manifests from the previous year. It is due within 90 days after the end of calendar year.
Please complete this form and we will customize a quote to meet your business needs.
The information provided herein is an overview that contains selected highlights of the regulations. Be sure to refer to further information available at the website of your state’s regulatory authority for full details and requirements.
1) Founded in 1989.
2) Based on 2016 data.
3) Based on 2016 data, this includes RCRA and non-RCRA pharmaceutical waste.
4) Based on missed stops report for medical waste YTD through August 2017.
5) Based on June 2016 Commercial General Liability policy with a limit of $1M each occurrence.
* Valid for new service contracts only. Offer includes up to 3 Months FREE medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions. The maximum value of the 3 Month offer is limited to $3,000 and only applies with a 60 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 2 Month offer is limited to $2,000 and only applies with a 48 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 1 Month offer is limited to $1,000 and only applies with a 36 month term of agreement. Requires signed service agreement by 03/31/18 and activation of medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions account. Offer expires 03/31/18 and is valid for one-time use only. This special offer is nontransferable, cannot be applied across multiple locations, groups or national accounts. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or special offer. Stericycle reserves the right to charge back to the customer’s account the dollar value of the offer if the medical waste service account is not active for at least 12 months.
You're about to leave stericycle.com and navigate to an external URL. Would you like to continue?
Call 855 428 7050
now or click below to complete an online form for a Free Quote.
now or complete the form below for a Free Quote.