Convenient, credible and cost-effective medical waste services in San Diego.
* Enjoy up to 3 months free of Regulated Medical Waste Services
We offer biohazardous and medical waste disposal services throughout San Diego, including:
Chula Vista, Carlsbad, Vista, El Cajon & Escondido.
We provide you the peace of mind you need with our complete solution of medical waste disposal for your practice, facility, or business. We service thousands of customers throughout California and are in compliance with all State and Federal waste management regulations.
With over 25 years of experience, Stericycle provides essential services that help protect communities from harmful wastes, promotes access to healthcare services, and leads to greater consumer safety and satisfaction.
Our team of experts work tirelessly to provide you with safe, compliant and sustainable solutions.
We help you manage OSHA, HIPAA and Coding Compliance confidently and conveniently by keeping you one step ahead of regulatory demands.
Find out today how we can help you protect your business
We care about your business needs and make sure that we are in compliance with Federal and State of California regulations. California’s medical waste disposal regulations can be found in the Medical Waste Management Act (MWMA).
California's medical waste disposal regulations are managed by the Department of Public Health, Medical Waste Management Program. Complete details on state requirements can be found by contacting the California Department of Public Health.
Large quantity generators of medical waste and certain small quantity generators are required to register with either:
A written Medical Waste Management Plan is required to be filed by certain generators with the relevant authority as listed above.
Containers are required to be labeled with the words “Biohazardous Waste” or with biohazard symbol and the word “BIOHAZARD” on the lid and sides so as to be visible from any lateral direction. Containers must be leak resistant, have tight fitting covers, and kept clean.
Secondary containers (or the outermost container with medical waste must be clearly labeled with appropriate symbols on the sides to be visible from any lateral direction.
Interim Storage Area, prior to transfer of waste to Designated Accumulation Area, shall be either locked or under direct supervision and marked with the international biohazard symbol or signage described below, legible from 5 feet.
Designated Accumulation Area shall be secured and have bilingual warning signs legible from 25 feet that follow state requirements as detailed in the MWMA. These warning signs does not apply to the rooms in which medical waste is generated.
For generators of Biohazardous Waste (20 lbs or more per month):
For generators of LESS than 20 lbs per month:
30 days max if kept above 32 Fahrenheit
90 days max if kept at or below 32 Fahrenheit
Emergency spill procedures and a list of emergency numbers updated annually are required.
Please complete this form and we will customize a quote to meet your business needs.
The information provided herein is an overview that contains selected highlights of the regulations. Be sure to refer to further information available at the website of your state’s regulatory authority for full details and requirements.
1) Founded in 1989.
2) Based on 2016 data.
3) Based on 2016 data, this includes RCRA and non-RCRA pharmaceutical waste.
4) Based on missed stops report for medical waste YTD through August 2017.
5) Based on June 2016 Commercial General Liability policy with a limit of $1M each occurrence.
* Valid for new service contracts only. Offer includes up to 3 Months FREE medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions. The maximum value of the 3 Month offer is limited to $3,000 and only applies with a 60 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 2 Month offer is limited to $2,000 and only applies with a 48 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 1 Month offer is limited to $1,000 and only applies with a 36 month term of agreement. Requires signed service agreement by 03/31/18 and activation of medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions account. Offer expires 03/31/18 and is valid for one-time use only. This special offer is nontransferable, cannot be applied across multiple locations, groups or national accounts. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or special offer. Stericycle reserves the right to charge back to the customer’s account the dollar value of the offer if the medical waste service account is not active for at least 12 months.
You're about to leave stericycle.com and navigate to an external URL. Would you like to continue?
Call 619 630 0986
now or click below to complete an online form for a Free Quote.
now or complete the form below for a Free Quote.