Convenient, credible and cost-effective medical waste services in Tucson.
* Enjoy up to 3 months free of Regulated Medical Waste Services
We offer biohazardous and medical waste disposal services throughout Tucson, including:
Casas Adobes, Littletown, Green Valley, Benson & Marana.
We provide you the peace of mind you need with our complete solution of medical waste disposal for your practice, facility, or business. We service thousands of customers throughout Arizona and are in compliance with all State and Federal waste management regulations.
With over 25 years of experience, Stericycle provides essential services that help protect communities from harmful wastes, promotes access to healthcare services, and leads to greater consumer safety and satisfaction.
Our team of experts work tirelessly to provide you with safe, compliant and sustainable solutions.
We help you manage OSHA, HIPAA and Coding Compliance confidently and conveniently by keeping you one step ahead of regulatory demands.
We care about your business needs and make sure that we are in compliance with all Federal and State of Arizona regulations. Arizona’s solid waste management regulations can be found in Arizona Administrative Code. For more details on Biohazardous Medical Waste (medical Sharps) and Discarded Drugs, see Article 14 of the Arizona Administrative Code.
Arizona’s medical waste disposal regulations are managed by the Department of Environmental Quality. Complete details on state requirements can be found by contacting the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality.
Must be in a secure storage area with access restricted to unauthorized persons. The area SHALL not be used to store substances for human consumption or medical supplies.
Waste may be stored for a maximum of 90 days; however, waste that can become putrified is required to be refrigerated at <40F if kept more than seven days.
A generator may place a container of biohazardous medical waste alongside a container of solid waste as long as it is identified and does not co-mingle. Infectious waste should be segregated by separate containment from other waste at the point of origin.
If other waste is placed in the same container as regulated infectious waste, then the generator shall package, label and mark the container and it’s entire contents as infectious waste.
Universal biohazard symbols are required in storage areas; warning signs must be in English and Spanish.
“CAUTION — BIOHAZARDOUS MEDICAL WASTE STORAGE AREA – UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS KEEP OUT” and (in Spanish) “PRECAUCION — ZONA DE ALMACENAMIENTO DE DESPERDICIOS BIOLOGICOS PELIGROSOS — PROHIBIDA LA ENTRADA A PERSONAS NO AUTORIZADAS.”
The information provided herein is an overview that contains selected highlights of the regulations. Be sure to refer to further information available at the website of your state’s regulatory authority for full details and requirements.
1) Founded in 1989.
2) Based on 2016 data.
3) Based on 2016 data, this includes RCRA and non-RCRA pharmaceutical waste.
4) Based on missed stops report for medical waste YTD through August 2017.
5) Based on June 2016 Commercial General Liability policy with a limit of $1M each occurrence.
* Valid for new service contracts only. Offer includes up to 3 Months FREE medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions. The maximum value of the 3 Month offer is limited to $3,000 and only applies with a 60 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 2 Month offer is limited to $2,000 and only applies with a 48 month term of agreement. The maximum value of the 1 Month offer is limited to $1,000 and only applies with a 36 month term of agreement. Requires signed service agreement by 03/31/18 and activation of medical waste service and/or Steri•SafeSM Compliance Solutions account. Offer expires 03/31/18 and is valid for one-time use only. This special offer is nontransferable, cannot be applied across multiple locations, groups or national accounts. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or special offer. Stericycle reserves the right to charge back to the customer’s account the dollar value of the offer if the medical waste service account is not active for at least 12 months.
For a free quote call 888-750-6450 or complete the form
Interested in Our Solutions? We Can Help
Sign up to receive Stericycle’s latest news, tips and offers to help your business remain compliant
Which solution interests you?