Stericycle’s Coronavirus Response and Resources
These are challenging and unpredictable times as the novel coronavirus continues to spread across the world. Things are evolving at an unprecedented rate and recommendations are changing almost daily. At Stericycle, we are committed to fully supporting our customers, teammates and communities throughout this difficult period.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Knowledge Center
To keep everyone informed on the emerging guidance and recommendations surrounding COVID-19 waste management, as well as key steps we’re taking to preserve employee and customer health, we are expanding our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Knowledge Center.
Some of the resources and key topics covered on the site include:
- Packaging guidance. We offer step-by-step instructions on how to correctly prepare the waste and what role generators have in safe waste management.
- Service safety measures. The Knowledge Center covers risk mitigation practices and precautionary measures employees can follow to minimize disease spread.
- Webinars and education. Find our latest COVID-19 webinars, articles and educational resources.
- Hospital waste procedures. The specific procedures involved in contaminated sharps disposal and what containers are available to support safe and sustained waste management.
- Business continuity. We have developed detailed plans for how we will continue operating during the pandemic, as conditions evolve.
Information on this site will be continuously updated based on our ongoing dialog with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Our close communication with federal and state agencies ensures that all developed resources and guidelines remain compliant with current regulations and reflect the most up-to-date practices to reduce the risk of infection.
We’re in this together and we’ve always been there
With our 31 years of waste management experience, Stericycle has always been a trusted partner in supporting the healthcare community with its most complex medical waste management needs. As we did with Ebola, MRSA and other infectious agents, we will continue to ensure the safe and compliant disposal of medical waste during this pandemic.
Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Knowledge Center Knowledge Center for more specific information on our efforts, as well as the latest recommendations and guidelines. You can also sign up for our March 25 webinar to learn from our team how Stericycle has been working with regulatory authorities to provide guidance on how to best manage waste generated during the care of patients with Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We’re in this together,
Cindy Miller, Chief Executive Officer
Cory White, Chief Commercial Officer