In celebration of Earth Day, Stericycle released its 2017 Sustainability Update: We Protect What Matters
, highlighting our progress across a spectrum of environmental and social commitments. Our theme is much more than a mantra for us, it is a philosophy and a call to action that guides everything we do at Stericycle.
We are proud to support over one million customers around the world with their sustainability efforts. In doing so, last year alone we managed more than 4.4 billion pounds of regulated wastes or materials for recycling. In the delivery of our solutions, Stericycle:
- Responsibly disposed of 1.7 billion pounds of medical waste, protecting the public from potentially infectious material
- Responsibly managed 1 billion pounds of hazardous waste, keeping our customers compliant and the environment safe
- Safely disposed of more than 70 million pounds of pharmaceutical waste, ensuring they do not end up in waterways
- Supported approximately 800 recalls, removing more than 2 million potentially harmful or defective products from circulation
- Shredded and recycled 1.5 billion pounds of paper—safeguarding both confidential information and the environment.
At Stericycle, we believe that every day is earth day, and it’s humbling to realize the difference that can be made in the world when we work together. We invite you to read more about Stericycle’s contributions to sustainability and our efforts to protect what matters to all of us.
President and CEO