Prescription drug addiction and substance abuse affects many doctors, nurses, physicians, medical technicians, pharmacists, and others in the healthcare field. According to an article in Critical Care Medicine, "approximately 10 to 15% of all healthcare professionals will misuse drugs or alcohol at some time during their career." Healthcare professionals possess a higher level of responsibility as they care for the health and safety of our communities. It is important to take the necessary steps to avoid misuse of drugs in our healthcare facilities.
CsRx™ is a safe and secure solution to dispose of your controlled substance waste and help you mitigate diversion risk while protecting your patients, staff and the environment. Our comprehensive, yet simple solution offers multiple levels of safety and security when disposing of tablets, capsules, liquids and patches.
The CsRx Service is designed to prevent diversion of controlled substance waste in three ways:
Mitigates Drug Diversion: Reduces Risk
- Deactivates controlled substance wastage
- Deterrent to prevent ingestion of contents
- Solidification of waste for storage and transportation
Industry-Leading Design: Increases Security
- Innovative, one-way disposal path for tablets, capsules, liquids and patches
- Prevents sharps, vials or ampoules from entering the container
- Container and wall mount design increase security, reducing potential for waste diversion
Eco-Conscious Disposal: Increases Safety
- Prevents controlled substance waste from entering into the environment, waterways and our communities
- Fosters and supports your organization's sustainability efforts
- Improves patient and staff safety
- Follows the DEA's recommendation of incinerating controlled substance waste
This solution can help provide peace of mind that your controlled substance waste will be processed with total security and compliance.
For more information about CsRx™ Service call (866) 338-5120.
*Only non-controlled drugs and schedule II, III, IV and V controlled substances can be accepted in CsRx containers. CsRx Service is for controlled substances that have been dispensed to a patient at the registrant's location and need to be wasted at that location. CsRx is for controlled substance wastage only. It is not for the disposal of controlled substances brought in by patients or items that would be considered part of a facility’s inventory.