Prescription drug addiction and substance abuse affects many doctors, nurses, physicians, medical technicians, pharmacists, and others in the healthcare field. According to an article in Critical Care Medicine, "approximately 10 to 15% of all healthcare professionals will misuse drugs or alcohol at some time during their career." Healthcare professionals possess a higher level of responsibility as they care for the health and safety of our communities. It is important to take the necessary steps to avoid misuse of drugs in our healthcare facilities.
CsRx™ is a safe and secure solution to dispose of your controlled substance waste and help you mitigate diversion risk while protecting your patients, staff and the environment. Our comprehensive, yet simple solution offers multiple levels of safety and security when disposing of tablets, capsules, liquids and patches.
The CsRx Service is designed to prevent diversion of controlled substance waste in three ways:
Non-Retrievable Elements: Reduces Risk
- Acts immediately to deactivate controlled substance waste in the container
- Deterrent to prevent ingestion of the liquid while in use
- Solidification of waste prior to shipping secures content and prevents diversion
- Meets Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) non-retrievable requirement*
Containers and Brackets: Increases Security
- One-way disposal path
- Designed to prevent sharps, vials or ampules from entering the container
- Secure containers and brackets to ensure low potential for diversion
- Available in 1.4 quart, 1 gallon and 3 gallon size containers
Environmentally-Friendly Disposal: Increases Safety
- Prevents controlled substances from entering into the environment, water ways and our communities
- Reduction in environmental concern increases program adoption
- Improves patient and personnel safety
- Follows the DEA's recommendation for incinerating controlled substance waste
This solution can help provide peace of mind that your controlled substance waste will be processed with total security and compliance.
For more information about CsRx™ Service call (866) 338-5120.
*Per DEA guidance letter, hospitals are not required to meet the non-retrievable requirements once a controlled substance is dispensed to a patient.
*Only non-controlled drugs and schedule II, III, IV and V controlled substances can be accepted in CsRx containers. CsRx Service is for controlled substances that have been dispensed to a patient at the registrants location and need to be wasted at that location. This is NOT for disposal of controlled substances brought in by patients