Non-RCRA Drug Disposal for Healthcare Practices
Our Non-RCRA-Hazardous Drug Disposal Service Helps Keep You Compliant
Best management practices and, in some cases, state regulations require the disposal of non-RCRA pharmaceuticals by incineration at a facility permitted to accept non-RCRA pharmaceuticals.
Our non-RCRA , noncontrolled pharmaceutical waste service helps your office safely and compliantly dispose of:
- Partially used medicines
- Unused pharmaceutical drug samples, vials, and ampules
- Expired medications
Our Non-RCRA Drug Disposal Service Helps You Keep Medicines Out of Drinking Water
Based on our internal expert review, hundreds of clinical, peer-reviewed articles have documented the presence of pharmaceuticals or their constituents in drinking water and/or groundwater in the United States and other developed nations
Our non-RCRA-hazardous drug disposal service allows you to:
- Demonstrate your commitment to protecting your community
- Be environmentally responsible
- Address growing public health concerns about pharmaceuticals in our drinking water
As an environmental leader, you can help protect your waterways, community, and environment from being contaminated with pharmaceuticals.
We Offer Drug Disposal Resources to Help You Avoid the Risk of Noncompliance
As noted in the Code of Federal Regulations, it's ultimately the responsibility of individuals who are disposing of pharmaceuticals (the waste generators) to make a final determination as to whether items, such as pharmaceuticals, are hazardous wastes.
Your effective management of your pharmaceutical wastes ensures accurate use of hazardous waste manifest and/or nonhazardous waste shipping documents.
To facilitate your compliance with state and federal regulations, Stericycle offers you additional resources to ensure your legal compliance with waste regulations.
We provide ALL our non-RCRA, noncontrolled drug disposal customers with:
- Flexible pickup scheduling provided by our nationwide network
- Professional drivers with specialized training
- Comprehensive waste segregation training through your MyStericycle.com site
- Access to your manifests (waste disposal tracking)
- Specially designed containers that meet state and federal regulations
- Resource guides and flyers to be posted above your containers and which identify scheduled drugs and hazardous substances that must NEVER be disposed of in non-RCRA drug disposal containers or in red bags or sharps containers
- Customer email hotline for our non-RCRA, noncontrolled drug disposal customers
Our Steri-Safe Preferred Customers Receive Added Onsite Attention
Our Steri-Safe Preferred customers with non-RCRA drug disposal service also receive:
- Onsite annual visits by a Stericycle Certified Occupational Safety Specialist
- State-specific hazardous and nonhazardous waste segregation training
- Simulated OSHA evaluation with a 150+ point checklist
- Evaluation of your Safety Data Sheet (formerly Material Safety Data Sheets or MSDS) book with expert guidance
- Phone and email availability of your Safety Specialist throughout the year