Since our humble beginning in 1989, Stericycle has focused on helping businesses protect employees and maintain compliance. Our vision then and now is simply:
To Be the Leader in Protecting People and Reducing Risk
Leadership in Regulated Medical Waste
Our primary business comprises disposal services for medical and biohazardous waste. We serve hospitals, laboratories, physician practices, dental clinics, long-term care facilities, as well as numerous other businesses, facilities, and healthcare providers that generate sharps or potentially infectious material. Within the United States, we maintain the nation’s largest network of medical waste transport vehicles, collection sites, and treatment facilities. Globally, we operate medical waste services in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Romania, Spain, and Portugal.
In addition to medical waste services, Stericycle also offers specialized waste disposal services to healthcare facilities and other businesses, such as:
Our Customer First Focus
We maintain a Customer First focus in all that we do. This requires us not only to provide exceptional services to our customers but also superior compliance protection. Within our businesses, we maintain an extensive team of environmental, safety, and/or regulatory specialists who keep up-to-date with and decipher ever-changing national and local requirements. This continued focus and commitment to regulatory compliance ensures that our customers are always protected.
Our Other Business-to-Business Services that Advance Our Mission
Our mission is:
- To combine integrated solutions with superior customer service to promote safety, compliance and risk management for our customers
This has led us to expand its service offering into additional business-to-business (B-to-B) areas where compliance is essential.
- Our Stericycle ExpertSOLUTIONS division provides the nation’s most comprehensive collection of brand protection services, including recall and retrieval services, mystery shopping, and sustainability solutions. We serve manufacturers of pharmaceutical, medical device, durable goods, and consumer goods with customized solutions to maintain brand integrity either proactively for quality assurance or reactively in recall situation.
- Our Patient Communication Services, under the NotifyMD name, provide breadth of services to drive productivity and patient communication for healthcare practices. NotifyMD's 400+ Care Coordinators serve clients in all 50 states from our domestic locations across the country. With this vast network, NotifyMD is helping healthcare providers exceed the increasing demands of today’s patient base.
A Global Leader and Still Growing
Through our many service offerings, we help our customers protect the safety of their workforce and reduce risk. We continuously strive to:
- Improve the efficiency of our operations
- Enhance our customers’ experience while maintaining our emphasis on safety and regulatory compliance
- Focus on growth opportunities that meet the additional needs of our customers